Come April 22, many people around the globe will be celebrating Earth Day and participating in events to support environmental protection. Here’s our roundup of things you can do — and use — to make your lasting contribution to Earth Day.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Use reusable tote bags and wraps for lunches, avoid disposable or single-use plastics and create a compost bin at home.
Make the switch to nontoxic, environmentally friendly cleaning products and be sure to dispose of waste properly.
1. Velcro Press Lok Bag Assorted, $10, from Simply Organized.
2. Food Kozy Wrap, large 2-pack in lime, $9, from Simply Organized.
3. Expanded Double Bento Box in mint, $40, from Simply Organized.
4. Snap Glass Round Container, 2-cup and 4-cup, $9 and $12, from Simply Organized.
5 & 6. ECOS Kitchen/Bath Cleaner in 32 oz., $6, from City Mill; ECOS Hand Soap Lavender in 17 oz., $4, from City Mill.
7. Stainless Steel Drinking Straws, 2-pack, $10, from Simply Organized.
8, 9 & 10. Sea Urchin Blue Blu Bag, $10, from Simply Organized; Foldable Shopping Bag Watermelon, $8, from Simply Organized; Simply Organized Pineapple Tote, $8, from Simply Organized.
11. Fog Safe Drain Guard, $5, from City Mill.
12. OXO Good Grips Compost Bin, $20, from Simply Organized.
Other Ways to go Green
Plant a tree, replace your lightbulbs with energy-saving ones and take shorter showers. See more tips at www.earthday.org.