There’s nothing like a homemade meal — especially one that’s cooked with gas. In fact, professional cooks and serious home cooks alike agree that cooking with gas results in a superior product, shares Audrey Okaneku of Hawaii Gas.
If you’re one of the many savvy cooks who uses gas to create your favorite meals, then it’s time to show off your culinary skills. We want to see the recipes you’ve been cooking up and reward you for it!
In partnership with Hawaii Gas, Hawaii Home + Remodeling is launching the Get Cooking with Gas Contest. Post a photo of your best oven, grilled and/or stovetop dishes to your Instagram and/or Facebook by using the hashtags #hawaiihomemag or #hawaiigas with the name of your dish (make sure your profile is public) and identify whether it was cooked in the oven, on the grill and/or on the stovetop.
Many of us are spending more hours in the kitchen, at the grill or in front of the gas range or oven right now, and we want to be inspired by how Hawaii cooks use their flames to feed their ohana, shares Okaneku.
The contest runs Sept. 1 to 24, so be sure to post your photos and receipe names in that time frame. Three lucky winners in three categories – best oven recipe, best grilled recipe and best stovetop recipe – will be featured in the magazine and will each win a Hawaii Home + Remodeling and Hawaii Gas prize pack, which will include a $100 Merriman’s restaurant gift card, a Hawaii Gas Hydro Flask and much more.
It’s time to get cooking with gas! See below for complete contest rules and regulations.
- This contest is open to Hawaii residents who are at least 18 years old. Employees of aio, LLC and Hawaii Gas are not eligible.
- Post contest entries between Sept. 1, 2020 at 12:01 a.m. (HST) and Sept. 24, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. (HST).
- Post a photo of your unique recipe and the name of the dish to Instagram and/or Facebook (make sure your profile and post are public). Include in the caption these hashtags: #hawaiihomemag and/or #hawaiigas. No limit on entries.
- Three winners will be chosen by a panel of judges from Hawaii Home + Remodeling magazine and Hawaii Gas based on these three categories: best oven recipe, best grilled recipe and best stovetop recipe.
- Each winner will get a prize pack containing a $100 Merriman’s gift card and other items, and will be featured in the Hawaii Home + Remodeling December 2020 issue, with their recipe published online and in the magazine’s weekly editorial newsletter (both also in December). Winners will be selected on Sept. 25, 2020.
- This contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook. Hawaii Gas and Hawaii Home + Remodeling are the hosts for the contest.